Our Chessies are both AKC & UKC registered. They have Excellent marking ability, amazing memories and great temperaments. They are great with children and people-oriented. While our primary interest is hunting waterfowl and upland, we are also currently working to get titles in therapy dog, HRC and AKC hunt test.
About Chesapeake Bay Retrievers:
- Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Chessie, CBR,
- Male 65 to 80 lb (29 to 36 kg)
- Female 55 to 70 lb (25 to 32 kg)
- Characteristic of the breed is the texture of the double-coat Any color of brown, sedge, or deadgrass with limited white spots.
- Male 23 to 26 in (58 to 66 cm)
- Female 21 to 24 in (53 to 61 cm)
A Chessie is know as a powerful and rugged retriever. They were developed along the shores of Chesapeake Bay in the 1800s to work in all types weather conditions. They are also valued for its bright and happy disposition, intelligence, affectionate and protective nature. The breed is successfully in all areas of competitions - field trials, shows, agility, obedience, hunt tests and tracking. The breed has also made excellent therapy, search/rescue and drug/bomb detection dogs.